Develop Actionable Strategies
With multiple product lines and target markets, creating a strategy for growth can become an unproductive contest of competing priorities. Translating the strategy into an execution plan that aligns the entire organization is even harder.
The Shirman Group has helped large and small companies refine their business model, identify demand trends and competitive threats, and create long-term company strategy and near-term execution plans.
Common Strategy Development and Business Planning Challenges We See
- Prioritize markets and products that merit investment
- Align annual or long-term business plans across the organization
- Proactively identify interdependencies and gain e-team commitments for cross-functional execution
- Establish customer input and advocacy as a component of the planning process
- Design business or revenue models.
How We’ve Helped
- Help the e-team crystallize medium and long-term priorities
- Assess competitiveness across a broad spectrum of criteria, and use the results to prioritize
and drive action
- Develop quantitative revenue models based on market research and opportunity sizing
- Facilitate the annual planning and budgeting process to ensure alignment and collaboration
- Align sales, marketing, and alliance investment around integrated campaigns
- Create Board of Directors presentation.
- Helped get approval from Board of Directors of $250M company for an aggressive 5-year
- Coordinated e-staff of leading contact center solution vendor to translate long-term strategy into a
1-year business plan to drive a 10% revenue increase and improve operating margin.